Yves Rocher Foundation’s women Empowerment Grant
The Terre de Femmes Award is a new international award introduced in 2019 by the Yves Rocher Foundation.
The purpose of this award is to honor women who live on this lovely planet and work to protect it. Each year, the International Award is given in a new theme.
The fifth edition of this prize is on the theme: “Wetlands, natural areas at risk!”.
The Terre de Femmes prize, established by Jacques Rocher and given by the Yves Rocher Foundation, is supported by approximately 500 women worldwide who work every day to protect the environment. It is considered to be of public benefit.
This International Award was launched to encourage all women striving to safeguard the environment throughout the world to take action because the bid to protecting the future begins today.
Topics To Be Addressed
- Conservation of wetlands’ unique biodiversity.
- Restoration of blue carbon ecosystems (mangrove forests, seagrass meadows and coastal marshes).
- Preservation of peat bogs and the species that depend upon them.
- Sustainable water use projects.
- Cleaning rivers and wetlands.
- Sustainable agriculture projects in wetlands.
- Participation in the conservation of species linked to wetlands (flora & fauna).
- Projects related to the recognition of a site as a wetland and its conservation.
- Integration of wetlands in urban environments.
- Raising awareness among local communities and future generations to preserve these fragile ecosystems.
- Management, preservation and awareness work on RAMSAR sites in France or elsewhere.
Award Value : 10,000 €
To be considered for this Award, you must pass this following eligibility criterias
- You must prove that You need some help for your project.
- Your structure must be an NGO, an association or a foundation.
- You are an adult lady working on a non-profit organization project that contributes to the preservation of wetlands.
- The environmental and social impacts of your project must be significant (involvement of local communities)
Deadline: 30 November 2022
How To Apply
For more information on how to apply click Here