Gender Equality Grants Program By Pulitzer Center
The Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting is a non-profit organization that supports independent global journalism.
The Center is presently accepting proposals for projects that use investigative data to address problems in gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
All newsrooms and independent journalists in the United States and overseas are eligible for this opportunity.
The goal of the Gender Equality Grant is to assist journalists in elevating their coverage of topics pertaining to gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
Stories that strengthen the voices of underrepresented communities in the media, stories of resiliency, and initiatives that use data and investigative reporting to address structural problems with gender equality will be highly regarded and explored.
They have no set spending limit. They are open to financing numerous projects annually and will take into account projects of any size and complexity. A Pulitzer Center award typically amounts to $5,000, however it could be more or less depending on the situation.
- Residents of the United States and journalists from all over the world are welcome to apply.
- They want to make sure that journalists can come from a variety of backgrounds and viewpoints.
- They strongly encourage submissions from newsrooms and journalists who cover a wide range of social, racial, and ethnic backgrounds, as well as underrepresented racial and ethnic groups and economic backgrounds.
- Freelance writers, staff writers, or teams of newsrooms working together on a project are welcome to submit proposals
- Three samples of printed or broadcast media that have been published.
- Copy of your C.V
- Three references from your workforce. These could include letters of recommendation or contact details. The contact details will be encouraged If there are letters from producers or editors who are interested.
- A 250-word maximum description of the proposed project.
- A rough budget estimate including a cost breakdown at the very least. Please do not include stipends for the applicants. Travel funds cover the reporting’s hard costs. Fees for local reporting partners, interpreters, and drivers are acceptable..
- A thorough publication plan. Letters of interest or commitment from editors and news outlets should be included.
How To Apply
For More information on how to apply, click Here