Scholarships for Emerging Global Leaders In American University
High-achieving international students who want to study for a bachelor’s degree in the US and who are committed to making a good difference in their communities are the target audience for the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship. It is designed for students who would return home to their countries to improve the underdeveloped and underprivileged regions.
This scholarship aims to increase global diversity while promoting educational access and opportunity.
The following will receive preference:
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2023.
- Students from varied and underrepresented cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds, as well as international students who have overcome a variety of difficulties.
- Those with a minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent out of 4.0 GPA (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- Students with one of the following: 95+ TOEFL iBT (all subscores must be 20 or above) Sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2017) 7.0+ IELTS (all subscores must be 6.0 or above) 33 minimum SAT Reading subscore 29 minimum ACT English 65 minimum PTE 120+ Duolingo (all subscores must be 110 or above) Cambridge Assessment English score of 185 or higher. Each sub-score must be 169 or higher.
- Important: Students in the IB system should plan to graduate with a full IB diploma with at least 3 HL subjects. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must complete at least 3 A levels and finish 13 years of study before August 2023.
You Won’t Be Eligible For This Scholarship If
- You graduated secondary school earlier than 2021.
- You are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, U.S. pending permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country.
- You are enrolled in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States.
The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room, and board) for one international student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States. The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets, and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S.$4,000 per year).
The scholarship can be renewed for a total of 4 years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
Important Application Instructions
You must submit the AU EGLS application, Common or Coalition Application, and international admissions process by the priority deadline of December 15, 2021, or by the latest deadline of January 15, 2023, to be considered for the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship.
For autumn (August) 2023, AU EGLS applicants must submit a Regular Decision application and avoid applying Early Decision (ED).
Scholarship Official Website
It is always important to visit the official website to get all required information
Official Website : http://www.american.edu/admissions/international/egls.cfm