Berkeley Mastercard Scholarships 2023/2024 For African Students
The University of California, Berkeley program, which is overseen by the Center for African Studies, is supported by a wide range of functional and disciplinary campus organizations, including the Division of Student Affairs, the Graduate Division, the Berkeley International Office, and the International House.
For Masters students from Sub-Saharan Africa, the MasterCard University of California, Berkeley Masters Scholarships 2023/2024 for African Students will offer comprehensive support from 2020 to 2028, including financial, academic, social, and professional counseling.
The following five qualifications must be met:
- To be eligible for the Scholarship, all prospective Scholars must first be admitted to UC Berkeley. Academic excellence as evidenced is a key requirement for admission to the university.
- We endeavor to admit people from the poorest two income quintiles in each nation.The goal of this scholarship is to provide exceptionally gifted people with the opportunity to pursue the further education necessary to accomplish their goals and aspirations.
- We are searching for students that are involved in extracurricular activities and are well-rounded. This may include additional topics (social, economic, and political) that you are working on and enthusiastic about, some of which may be directly relevant to your subject of study. Both in their UC Berkeley application and later on the Scholarship application, applicants should go into further detail about their accomplishments.
- We are seeking students who are involved in and passionate about issues that concern their communities and who will benefit from their education at UC Berkeley by better preparing themselves with the skills and knowledge to address these challenges when they return. Despite the fact that significant work can be accomplished while overseas, the goal of this program is to give Scholars the opportunity to come home after making key professional connections through internship and job placements.
- You might still be eligible even if you’re a refugee, are stateless, or have other concerns about your citizenship. For clarification, kindly get in touch with us. Citizens of North African nations are not eligible for this award.
Scholarship Value : Fully-funded
Duration of Scholarship: for the period of study
How To Apply
Before being considered for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, prospective master’s degree applicants must first apply to the university through the standard admissions process.
For information on how to apply, click HERE
To visit the program page to get more information , click HERE
Application Deadline: Not specified