About the scholarship
Students from across the world who want to undertake postgraduate research in the University of Sydney’s Faculty of Science are eligible for the Fully Funded University of Sydney Postgraduate Research Scholarship. One of Australia’s top universities and most esteemed institutions of higher learning, the University of Sydney was founded in 1850. The institution, located in the Centre of Sydney, a bustling and culturally varied city, is renowned for its top-notch academic programs and research projects.
A world-class education with a long tradition of academic distinction is available at the University of Sydney. Its vibrant and diversified campus, located in the Centre of a thriving city with a diverse population, offers an outstanding academic environment. The university provides a wide range of programs that encourage critical thinking and equip students for a globalized world as part of its dedication to innovation and research.
Eligibility and criteria
- Eligible Countries: Both domestic and foreign students may submit an application.
- Eligible Courses or Subjects: Students may apply to the Faculty of Science’s PhD programme.
- At the time of application, be enrolled in a Higher Degree by Research programme offered by the Faculty of Science.
- At the time of the application deadline, the applicant had not attained the maximum number of candidatures allowed by the University of Sydney’s (Higher Degree by Research) Rule 2011 Policy.
- Not be holding another primary scholarship at the time this Scholarship is being used.
- MPhil candidates must have completed at least 1.5 Equivalent Full-Time Student Loads (EFTSL), and Ph.D. candidates must have completed at least 3 EFTSL.
- Be reasonably expected to deliver their thesis within six months of the award’s start date.
- Not having submitted a thesis by the application deadline.
|Funding Type: Fully Funded
|Study Level: Doctorate
|Deadline: October 23, 2023
|Study In: Australia
|Provider: University of Sydney
|Subjects: Subjects offered by the university
The 2024 Fully Funded University of Sydney Postgraduate Research Scholarship has the following advantages:
- A $7,000 one-time payment (full-time enrollment).
- Academic tuition for the research period(s) connected to the award period(s) (only for overseas students).
- A part-time participant will get a stipend allowance of $3,500 for a period of six months, or two payments of $3,500 each.
How to apply
- The applicant must fill an online application form through HERE
- Supporting Documents: The following documents must be submitted while filling scholarship form:
- Scholarship evidence
- Results for English
- Educational transcript
- Marriage/name-change/identification certificate
- Degree certificates
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must hold a master’s degree or an honours degree (First Class or Second Class Upper).
- Language Requirement: The following English language competency examinations must be passed by the students: IELTS – 6.5
24th October, 2023