Requirements For Nigerian Nursing Schools
There are several nursing programs and schools in Nigeria, and each of them has its own requirements. Regardless of the program you want to apply for, you must first understand what is required. Some programs need applicants to be at least 17 years old, particularly the Registered Nursing program.
There are various prerequisites you must meet in order to be eligible to apply for a particular course.
The criteria for some of the programs are listed below. Students who wish to enroll in any of the programs listed below should carefully read them and make sure they have all the necessary paperwork.
You Can Also Read : Best 7 Science Courses To Study In Nigeria
- BACHELOR OF NURSING SCIENCE DEGREE PROGRAMME (B.SC) : For this programme, you need Five credits in the WAEC/SSCE, maximum two sittings. English language, chemistry, biology, physics, and mathematics are required subjects; the program lasts for five years.
- POST BASIC PSYCHIATRIC NURSING PROGRAMME : Candidates must be licensed as a registered nurse and satisfy all standards. There are eight post-basic psychiatric nursing schools in our country, and the training program lasts for one and a half years.
- HIGHER DEGREE IN NURSING : Available at many colleges and universities that offer higher education. Master’s and doctoral degrees in philosophy are prerequisites for this program.
- GENERAL NURSING PROGRAMME : Applicants must possess a senior secondary school certificate or an equivalent with five credits in English language, health science, biology, physics, and chemistry. Applicants must complete three years of training to be a registered nurse and to earn their certificate. Prior to applying, you must be at least 17 years old.
- POST BASIC MIDWIFERY PROGRAMME : The candidate must be a registered nurse and satisfy all requirements in order to be admitted. The training lasts for one year and six months. There are over 60 educational institutions in the nation, so you can study this at any one of them.
You Can Also Read : Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UCT 2022 (Fully-Funded)
The above lists contains the major requirements you need to get for you to be admitted for each courses.