This is to bring to the general public that applications for the Fully Funded Heinrich Boll Scholarships in Germany for International Students, for the year 2024 session is now open. The scholarship is opened to all internationals other than Germans.
Deadline: 1st March, 2024
Providers: Heinrich Boll Foundation
Funding Types: Fully Funded Scholarship
Study in: Germany
Subjects: All Subjects
Study Level: Masters and PhD
About the Scholarship
International students who intend to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree in Germany but received their university admission qualification from a school outside of Germany are eligible to apply for scholarships from the Heinrich Böll Foundation.
The scholarships are available to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree in any field offered by state or nationally approved German universities. Master’s degree programmes are available to EU students at state or state-recognized universities in Germany, Switzerland, and other EU member states.
The scholarship programme awards financial aid to foreign students who do not receive their education in Germany, including those from the EU and non-EU.
Benefits of the Scholarship
Selected applicants will enjoy the following benefits:
For master’s programmes, non-EU students receive €934 per month in addition to various personal allowances and maybe health insurance. In some circumstances, tuition costs may be required in Germany.
EU students: variable, up to €812 plus €300 for books a month; tuition is not available in Germany but is available in certain other nations.
The scholarship is given for the whole duration of study, with the possibility of a one-semester extension.
Non-EU students: no tuition fees; €1,200 monthly plus a monthly mobility allowance of €100, and other individual allowances.
EU students are eligible for a baseline scholarship of €1350 per month plus an additional €100 per month to cover research expenses; tuition is not available in Germany but is partially available in other nations.
The scholarship is awarded for three years as a rule (two years, may be extended at most by 12 months).
To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicants must be
- International Master students who earned their university entrance qualification outside Germany:
- You may apply before commencing your Masters programme or at any time up to the end of the first semester of the Masters programme.
- Proof of first professional qualification must be provided
- Required proof of German Proficiency: Level B2 or DSH 2 (with certificate)
International Doctoral students who earned the university entrance qualification outside Germany:
- Proof of admission to doctoral studies by a state or staterecognised university, as a rule in Germany, must be included with the application.
- By the application date, preliminary work must have been completed and a valid timetable for completion must be submitted.
- PhD subjects related to focal points of the Foundation’s activities will be given priority.
- Required proof of German Proficiency: Level B2 or DSH 2 (with certificate).
Eligible Countries: All countries of the world other than Germany
Eligible Courses: All courses
Application Deadline: March 1st, 2024
It is important to visit the official website for details on how to apply for this scholarship.